Projects that Are Less Likely to Interest Me
Any writer can write anything.
However, I prefer not to take that approach since (for instance) the skill required to write a speech is very different from that required to write a book, which again is very different from the skill required to write a screenplay. Therefore I stick with what I do best, and to be frank, I'm pretty skeptical about any writer who claims they are proficient and have experience in many areas.
When you engage me to work with you, you are getting someone who specializes in what they do: you are not getting a jack-of-all-trades who will take on any paying work that is offered.
Mostly I write books and other long documents, but I will consider any interesting proposal. However, to give you some guidance of the things I don't get involved with, these are some of the services that I do not offer:
- I don't edit or offer any script doctor services. I have worked with some highly talented editors and am happy to make a referral.
- I don't write screenplays and I don't write poetry.
- There are certain genres of fiction where I do not have sufficient knowledge of the market (in particular science fiction, Gothic, and graphic novels) and so I will decline these projects. In addition, you might want to check out my comments about charging for fiction.
- I don't teach or coach and I don't comment, evaluate, or offer criticism on other people's work.
- I don't provide SEO (search engine optimized)/keyword rich text, corporate web copy, web articles, blog copy, or Wikipedia articles.
- I'm not going to write your college thesis and equally, I'm not going to get involved with any wedding speeches.
I think you get the idea!